Tuesday 5 February 2019

A-Z Challenge - R is for rest & recuperation (in the life of a Spoonie mum)



- R is for rest & recuperation!

Life as a mother of two energetic children is hard, but Life as a Spoonie mum, with two energetic children, is exhausting. For the last week I have been looking after my children & helping them get over a stomach bug, all whilst praying that I didn't catch it, not much good that did, as a few days after the youngest got over it, it hit me! I spent 2 whole days in bed. I am only just today, 4 days after the bug hit me, starting to feel a little more like myself. I am still having to rest a lot, as I still keep coming over a little nauseous & clammy! 

Thankfully I am one of the lucky ones, who has an amazing supportive husband, who has taken on looking after those energetic children for 2 whole days whilst I was poorly. I already suffer with numerous chronical conditions that make my life quite challenging, so having this "bug" on top has been a bit of a nightmare, as I have felt so useless & a bit like a burden on my husband & it has definitely affected my mood a little bit. I am just glad that I have him to reassure me that I am not a burden, & that when I am poorly, I need to rest.  

So today has been another resting day, where I have stayed in my pjs & drank tea & I am slowly realizing, that it's okay to have resting days when you feel rough. I need to learn to listen to my body's whispers, before they become screams. 








No comments:

Post a Comment