Friday 16 February 2018

Almost 13 years later.

When you realize that not only is this year going to be your 10th Wedding Anniversary, but also, you have spent your entire life, right from being a teenager with this man!

13 years ago, this September to be exact, I was 17 years old when I started chatting online with Neil, he was 23, & I still remember him calling me a stalker because I had managed to get his address & send him a birthday card just 1 week after chatting with him!

When you know it's forever, you just know! & I totally knew after just 1 week of talking that I wanted to be with this man for the rest of my life! We have jumped a lot of hurdles to be together, we had to endure a painful 1.5 years of a distant relationship (even after we met) so that I could finish college, before I up sticks & moved from Cumbria to Leeds & became a fully fledged foreigner - this is said, because I like to have my Yorkshire Puddings WITH my Sunday Roast & not before, & to me, it's a BREAD BUN, not a BREADCAKE!!!

Don't get me wrong, we aren't a "perfect" couple, over the years, we have fought like cat & dog.. I have thrown my wedding ring at him, he has told me to fuck off back home to Cumbria, (ect ect ect) but here we are, after almost 13 years together & 10 years of marriage, still madly in love & still stronger than ever! it's not everyday that your man will give up his work & livelihood to stay home & look after the kids & nurse you back to health after 3 brain surgeries! I am such a lucky gal.

After almost 13 years, we still might not have it altogether, but together we definitely have it all.















No comments:

Post a Comment