Thursday 14 November 2019

Joel is 8 years CCAM free!

8 years ago, I went through the worst week of my entire life as a mother, when I had to sit & watch my 14 month old son go through open lung surgery to remove the bottom lobe of his right lung due to him being born with a condition called CCAM (Congenital Cystic Adenomatoid Malformation!)

Now, on the days when i'm struggling, I just think back to the huge battle he had to go through to be here with us & just how strong he proved to us all that he was! Joel is my very own, living & breathing, Superhero! who is now fit & healthly (asides from the odd chest infections) & it's all thanks to his amazing consultant/surgeon, Mr Crabbe! (Yes, Spongebob & Patricks best friend!) the man that told me Joel's prognoses was NOT the death sentence that our previous hospital told me it was! I will forever owe this man MY LIFE! I will always remember his exact words, because he put my mind completely at ease:

"I don't mean to insult you mum, but your lung condition is worse than Joel's... I can fix him, nobody can fix you!" 

& that right there, was perfectly, god damn fine with me! because i'd rather it be me than my son! 

Joel Philip-George Mortimer, you really are my little warrior... now & forever
 
Happy 8 years CCAM free baby boy!💙

No comments:

Post a Comment