Sunday 5 May 2019

Easter Holiday Adventures.


Every parent dreads the school holidays right? well, i'm not going to lie, I really wasn't looking forward to the prospect of two children home from school for 14 days, probably killing each other after just 24 hours! I tried my best to be as well as I could every day that we had something planned, & if I wasn't feeling well, I sucked it up anyways, because getting out of the house & burning off some of that crazy energy from my children was better than being stuck indoors being driven mad.

Just because i'm not one of these mums that can whisk their children off to Disney land at the last second for Easter, that didn't mean I couldn't still do things with my children. Our first weekend consisted of simply just going for a walk! We didn't go far, because well, my legs won't carry me that far without going dead on me, so we just took a slow stroll up the tracks at the back of our house, which Joel & Fliss really enjoyed & considering they had already started bickering between themselves, I would say it was needed. 







During the holidays, I was supposed to be taking Joel & Fliss home to Barrow with me, but due to unforseen circumstances we didn't end up getting to go, so to make it up to them, we took them to our favorite spot for the day - Xscape/Freeport in Glasshoughton! They absolutely love it there! There are plenty of places to eat, there is a shopping center, arcades & in the holidays there is always attractions for the kids! There is always a HUGE bouncy castle sat just ouside the doors of Xscape & everytime we go to xscape you can garantee I need to have money on me for the kids to go on it! we usually get there around lunch time, so we always stop off for something to eat somwhere first & it's always either Pizza Hut or Mcdonalds & seen as we managed to take them twice during the holidays, we did Pizza hut the first time & Mcdonalds the second time! 








After we'd stuffed our faces & filled our stomaches, we took a stroll over to Freeport, daddy went off to have a mooch in GAME whilst I sat in the sun watching Joel & Fliss on the merry-go-round! I always wonder how they manage to go on that thing & not start spewing, seen as they've not long eaten! the first time we visited Freeport in the holidays, they went on the merry-go-round & Joel insisted that he "wasn't" too big for the plane, & once he had managed to squeeze himself in there, even the woman running it was almost keeling over laughing at him going round on it with his knees almost in his face!! Fliss always chooses the bus without fail, she loves sitting on the top & feeling the wind in her hair... she's a bit of a speed junkie!!








Once daddy had finished in Game & the kids had had enough on the merry-go-round, aka, one of them started to feel nauseous! we then had a wander around the shopping center, did a bit of window shopping whilst the rest of our food digested & then we headed back over towards Xscape where the attractions & arcades where.. on our first visit during the holidays, we took Joel & Fliss into the arcades where they played air hockey with daddy being ref, raced on Mario Kart, & Felicity found a pink car that she was desparate to ride! 




The main event though is always near the end of the day when we allow the kids to burn off the last of their energy before going home on the huge bouncy castle! They absolutely love it... if I had the space in my garden, I kid you not, I would hire it at home for the kids to play on all day... it's absolutely amazing, even I get slightly jealous when they're zooming around on it! 












During our second week of the holidays (Easter weekend) I don't know where the weather came from, but it was boiling hot. so warm that I actually managed to get the swimming pool out for the afternoon for Joel & Felicity!










On our final weekend before Joel & Fliss went back to school, we visited Swindens farm for the day with nanna & grandad. Felicity was in her absolute element with all the animals & there being so much to do, & Joel had a brilliant time too, dabbing with his dad on hay bales & wasting as much energy as absolutely possible! We went to the petting zoo part, where you could hold the rabbits & guinea pigs, Felicity wanted to bring a guinea pig & rabbit home with her & Joel looked like he was going to poop himself when the lady handed him a rabbit to hold - he isn't keen on small animals that wriggle, which is ironic really, considering the boy never sits still himself. nevertheless though, he let me take a photo of him holding the rabbit, even if he did look like he was about to have a nervous breakdown! 








When Joel had gotten over his breakdown from having to holding a tiny wriggling animal, we went to see the bigger animals! Joel & Felicity both got their own bag of carrots to feed the animals with! the goats & sheep where sooo greedy, they were acting like they'd never been fed, but i'm pretty sure with hundreds of people passing them with carrots all day long that wasn't the case! Felicity absolutely loved the baby sheep.. she again wanted to take one home! I wanted to take a goat, just so it would eat my grass & I wouldn't have to buy a new lawn mower. 

I also loved all the piggies.












Once Joel & Fliss had gotten rid of all their carrots aka the goats had eaten them all, we went to sit in the barn where there was a huge pile of hay bales that the kids could climb - Daddy & Joel decided to climb all the way to the top & do a dab! Felicity bumped into a friend from school, so she disappeared off with her to play in the sand & bounce on the bouncy castle! there was honestly SO MUCH that the kids could do, it was amazing! Joel even had a go on the go karts, he wasn't as good at driving a real one as he is playing Mario Kart though! 

















Felicity also managed to conquer her fear of cows whilst at the farm. She was so brave considering she didn't even want to go into the part where the cows where to begin with... until someone mentioned baby cows! She was then so busy petting all the babies that she didn't even bat an eyelid at all the adults being noisy & mooing.

Very proud mummy moment.






To finish off what happened to be an amazing 2 weeks with our children, we had some family time at the in laws on Easter Sunday where Joel & Felicity spent the afternoon with their cousin Chloe. After all of our adventures over the past 2 weeks I was pretty sore & knackered by this point, so I just sat in the garden with all the family, on my arse with a brew in hand, watching my children enjoy their last weekend before going back to school, running around the garden finding eggs with their counsin Chloe & eating chocolate ALL AFTERNOON! They even managed to start a water fight in the garden between themselves! which I forgot to take photos of due to it happening so fast & unexpectedly, but I got to witness it all with my own eyes & that was more than enough for me. 



























No comments:

Post a Comment