Monday 21 January 2019

A-Z Challenge - M is for Marton Mere.





- M is for Marton Mere!

In September 2005 I went on my very first "girlie holiday" with my best friend Katie. We were sat in her flat one afternoon talking about holidays when all of a sudden she had this bright idea & said let's book a holiday for your 18th! Me being a total holiday virgin thought this was a mad idea & that I could never afford it, but nevertheless we went to out local estate agent & grab some brochures anyways & brought them back to the flat to have a look at.. We eventually agreed on a little weekend away to Marton Mere in Blackpool. We were both so excited, it's all we spoke about for months. it's all we still speak about now. 

We arrived on the Friday evening at our little caravan we got unpacked & then visited the local Morrisons to grab some food for the weekend as we were self-catered. 

That evening we decided to visit the arcades & check out the evening entertainment, it was such a fun night & it must have shattered us out as we didn't get up until late the next morning! once we did finally rise & shine we decided to spend the day exploring Blackpool, so we took the bus out of the holiday camp & spent a few hours in Blackpool itself shopping & eating! I think I remember purchasing myself a new pair of jeans & a top for the evening. 

Saturday night came & we dressed ourselves up for a night of fun, I was half way through showering when the power disappeared in our caravan, so with soaking wet, half rinsed hair, I had to flag down the maintenance guy, only for him to ask me if I had put money in the meter... I looked at him completely blank thinking he was being deadly serious, only for him to start laughing at me, & tell me that our row had just had a small power-cut & the electricity should be back soon! Once that drama was over & we were finally ready, we went to spend some more time in the arcades. we gave the crane machines a bash & we both got lucky, I won a My Little Pony teddy (which cost me £6 in tries) & I still have to this day, in fact, Felicity has it, & Katie won herself a little teddy too! after the arcades we went to sit & watch the show in the entertainment room & have some food, because we never got to eat in the caravan due to their being no power. 

Sunday came & it was time to go home.. we were both pretty gutted that our fun was over, but it was an amazing holiday & a memory I have always treasured.

No comments:

Post a Comment