Tuesday 3 March 2015

Diary Post #79 - A Frightening weekend.


Dear Diary.. 

So, were do I start? On Saturday afternoon I was sat feeding my daughter her bottle on the kitchen floor whilst my hubby was cooking & our son was sat at the kitchen table playing on his Kindle. My husband then came over to the fridge, the door swung open too fast & smacked me straight in the back of my head.. if you have been reading my previous posts you will know that I have recently been through three lots of brain surgery to sort my vp shunt out, & this knock on the head totally shuck things up in my head & I instantly started with a headache.. I just assumed it would calm down by the time I took my next lot of medication but it didn't & come Sunday morning I was was in agony with this headache & nausea. My mum told me I wasnt to mess around & I needed to ring the hospital & see what they thought, but this scared me, because the last time I rang the hospital I ended up back in having more surgery & I didnt want that, but mums are always right & so I phoned the hospital & spoke to a nurse who put me on to one of the surgeons & THANK GOD, when I spoke to the surgeon who did my operations he just said that it was probably a migraine due to the bash on the head alongside all of the trauma my head has already been through. Phew!

Usually on a Sunday we go over to my hubbys parents house for tea, but I was feeling far too yuk to do this, so they came to us for tea instead, & with her, my mother in law brought some Ibuprofen. - which is a anti-inflamatory! which works wonders! since sunday I have been taking these & my "migraine" seems to have settled a lot. I am still having little niggly headaches but apparently that is nothing to be worried about. I was so terrifeid that if I rang the hospital they would want me back in, so I held off for most of Sunday & in the process really stressed my husband out :/ oops, but I have been well looked after this weekend & thank the lord for Ibuprofen! & for my mother in law bringing it round.

Not a lot of people can say that they get along with their in laws, but I truly love mine to death.. I was 17 years old when I met Neil, & when I met my then "mother in law to be" & from that very moment, she has taken me under her wing & looked after me. My own mum lives 100+ miles away from me & my mum in law made a promise to her that she would look after me & she has never broken that promise. I love my own mum more than words could ever describe but it is so nice to have someone else there that you know you can trust & go to with anything when your family don't live near you. I moved to Leeds from Barrow in Furness (Cumbria) in July 2007, & my mother in law has been there for me through so much, giving birth to both of my children & suffering with my depression being just a few of them things! & my father in law also, I was never sure of him at first, i'll be honest, he scared me haha! but he is amazing too, he has taken me to all of my appointments when I was pregnant - both times! & he even takes me places for the little things. they both really do mean the world too me :) I love them both sooooo much. 

10 comments:

  1. That must have given you quite a scare. You have been through so much, you are very fortunate to have such a caring family around to support you x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear, that sounds terrifying. I hope you continue to feel better. What a shock for you

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to hear all is ok with your head. Tell your hubby to be more careful next time! ;)

    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you keep feeling better, is lovely that you have such a good relationship with your in laws,

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds very scary, glad to hear it didn't cause any serious damage. hope the headache is all gone now x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gosh you poor thing! I would have been terrified too. Well done for staying calm and thankfully you had no serious damage. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a rollercoaster of a weekend - you need another one just to recover from all that palava! Hope the head feels better! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you all for your kind words. After four lots of surgery & one scare, I am slowly making progress, but it is going to take a while! but thank you again for all of your comments. it really does mean a lot to me x

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pleased you are feeling much better lovely and didn't have to go back in! how scary! .. sending hugs

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh gosh, how awful fr you and your poor Hubby. He must have felt terrible even though it was an accident. Hope things move forward more calmly for you.

    ReplyDelete