Friday 1 February 2019

A-Z Challenge - P is for Pets. (They are family too.)



- P is for Pets. 

(They are family too.)

I couldn't bring myself to do an A-Z blog challenge all about me, my life & my family without including a post my 3 most important fur-babies! Jack Sparrow, Serah-Tops, & Luby-Lulu!

BECAUSE THEY ARE FAMILY TOO!! 

My first cat was my beautiful angel boy Jack Sparrow! I am not going to talk too much about him as I get quite upset still, but I couldn't not mention him! Jack has lived at Rainbow Bridge since August 2017, after he was hit by a car & killed instantly. My gorgeous boy would have been 7 years old in May this year! I miss him everyday, & it has taken me a long time to get over his death, it absolutely destroyed me, & some-days I still struggle, but I know that he is sat at Rainbow Bridge playing with all the cats that he's made friends with & he is waiting patiently for me to arrive & be reunited with him. (See my A-Z "J" post for Jack's story) 



My second fur-baby is Serah, or Serah-Tops as I like to nickname her! 
Now, I say that Serah is my cat, but if truth be told, she is more Neil's cat. She isn't like Jack or Lulu, she is very reserved & rather skittish & she likes the quiet. so she spends a lot of time around her daddy more than anyone else, because i'm a bit mental, whereas Neil is a bit more of a relaxed person!

Serah will be 4 years old this year. She joined our family in August 2015, when Jack Sparrow was just 3 years old! He bossed her around for a while, but once he made it clear that he was boss, they got on really well. she was like his annoying little sister, but they definitely had a good bond, she loved him & I know he loved her in his own little bossy way. 
Serah loves to be showered with affection, just so long as you move slowly around her & speak gently. She has come out of her shell a lot since Lulu joined our family in October 2017! Serah is most definitely now the boss of the house, but she can also be a bit of a push-over when it comes to Lulu, she loves to mother & look out for Lulu alot. I don't know if that is because of what happened to Jack? but she never lets Lulu out of her sight for long. They are like sisters, they sleep together, play together & eat together. They even sunbath together in the garden in the summer! I truly believe that Lulu taught Serah how to be a young cat again as losing Jack wasn't just hard on us, it was hard on Serah too.. 


6 months after we lost Jack, Serah started suffering with anxiety, she lost loads of weight & stopped eating. I got so paranoid that she was going to die just like Jack did, that I took her to the vets to be checked over. The vet confirmed that because Serah used to like to follow Jack everywhere (just like Lulu does with Serah now) she may well have witnessed him being knocked down & killed! (which makes a lot of sense with how she now behaves around Lulu) After this, I spent a lot of extra quiet time with Serah to help her get over her grief. 
It has been 17 months now since we lost Jack & she seems to be a lot more settled, although at meal times, she does still look out the kitchen window looking for Jack for a little while before coming to her bowl & settling down to eat! it's heart-wrenching to see, but the vet says that she will stop doing this in her own time, & when she does it, just to let her have her moment..  I am hoping in time she will accept that Jack isn't coming home & she will feel at peace enough to stop looking for him at the window each meal time. I love my girlie & it breaks my heart every time I see her do this! I am just so glad that she now has Lulu for company, because she absolutely adored Jack, as did we all. My Serah is such a lovely little lady. 




Last up is my third fur-baby, Luby Lulu! 
My little Lulu will be 2 years in August this year. She is the stitch that my heart needed to heal after losing my boy Jack & help me move on from his sudden death. She has also helped Serah to deal with her grief too! I always worried that I would be replacing Jack, but the truth is, I now know that she didn't replace him, she just helped me learn that my heart wasn't completely broken & that in time, I would be able to love Lulu just as much as I loved Jack & I would be able to move on without feeling like I was forgetting him. 


I am however pretty damn convinced that Jack is Lulu's guardian angel! some of the things she does is the exact same as he did & its insane! she is like a little female clone of him, it's so comforting. When someone said to me that when he is ready, Jack will one day find his way back to me through another cat, I thought said person was mad, but some of the things that Lulu does like sitting on my shoulder, it freaks me out ever so slightly, but it is so comforting too! I know for a fact that Jack Sparrow is watching over Lulu & whispering in her ear, telling her of all the cheeky, mischievous things he used to get up to for attention. 













No comments:

Post a Comment